Friends and supporters enable VLM to continue working with the poor in Africa. Your generosity also helps VLM to sponsor various, on-going projects in both countries, in order to work for our mission of creating systemic change. To date, donations have made it possible for VLM to:
- Sponsor the education of 100 children in Bahir Dar and Jimma, Ethiopia who would otherwise not be in school
- Construct 3 new classrooms and a school library for the St. Gebre Michael Catholic School in Bahir Dar, Ethiopia, allowing 200 additional children to attend school and learn with books
- Purchase a bus in Bahir Dar that will enable children to attend school during the rainy season
- Build a primary school serving 300 children in the Ginjo and Tulema communities in Jimma, Ethiopia
- Construct and stock a new libraries in Thigio, Kenya and Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
- Sponsor a health care and nutrition program for 200 people in Thigio, Kenya, providing vaccinations to protect against disease
- Facilitate camps serving 200 children in Nairobi and Thigio, Kenya.
How can I help?
- $10 can purchase 2 children’s books to help children learn how to read in Ethiopia
- $20 will buy 12 packs of pencils benefiting 120 children in African schools
- $25 can purchase a travel visa for a volunteer
- $60 can cover the cost of health care and vaccinations for 1 person in Thigio, Kenya
- $150 can sponsor the education of a child in Ethiopia for one year; including tuition, lunch, books, and a school uniform
- $1,000 can provide a 3 week educational camp for 150 children in Kenya
Are you interested in making a tax-deductible donation to the Vincentian Lay Missionaries?
We are sorry for the inconvenience but currently donations cannot be made online. You can send a check, made payable to Daughters of Charity, to:
Vincentian Lay Missionaries
134 Hemlock Pl, Vadnais Heights, MN 55127
Or contact Jessica Werner, Director, for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org